I noticed that since I already had a yahoo account, it was especially easy to start my blog.
Now the avatar was just straight fun. I was warned that I would spend a lot of time on stupid decisions, such as hairstyle and accessories . . . and it turned out to be completely true. The avatars are so fun and I am interested to see some opportunities for students to be able to use this. My current literature response question on my class wikispace is to name their top three literary characters of all time. Is it possible that they could create an avatar to represent each character? And possibly even start a blog using their created avatars in a discussion, taking the point of view of the character they chose? Hmmm . . . .


Hi Stacy
ReplyDeleteSorry I didn't get this done yesterday, I was in Kodiak and the internet connection wasn't the best. You are now on the blogroll......
I really like the idea of using avatars to have them envision their favorite literary character. that is a use for avatars I haven't heard before.
Ann
I love your idea of having students create avatars for literary characters. I think this is a fabulous idea that could be used for kids from K-1 thru high school. Older students could 'analyse' what their character might wear, look like, etc, based on clues from the narrative.
ReplyDeleteMy response to the avatar 'assignment' was the same as yours. It was so much fun!