Friday, April 10, 2009

Week #6 thing 13 & 14

Delicious . . . I was first exposed to this through Martina's tech classes. She has been using it to tag, label, and track interesting articles and websites that she has found. She has major categories that organize all of the links. That was my first chance to play around with delicious. 
Doing the RAW discovery exercises was my next experience with delicious. I found myself wondering how I could use this in the classroom. Whether it is gathering and organizing sites and articles for potential research topics or simply items of interest for students, delicious seems like a great place to store it all.  I also envision a category for parents that would include great articles or websites focused on raising teenagers, especially in relation to school. 
It took me a little effort to really understand Technorati. As I understand it, this is a place where you can search for blogs using tag words.  I believe that Technorati is slated as one of the largest search engines for the blogosphere. I noticed that I could select a category such as lifestyle, fitness, business, etc. Then I was provided with a page of possible sites of interest. I'm not sure how I would use this within a classroom. The idea of categorizing and sorting information is very important. Teaching students how to do this with their blogs would really feature the idea of titles and summarizing. Hmmmm . . . I guess that would be a way to use it in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment