Friday, April 10, 2009

Week #7 Thing 16

Wiki, wiki, wiki . . . I love wikispaces. I discovered them at the beginning of the year and have referenced my classroom wikispace in previous posts. Each week students have a minute reading goal. They turn in a hard copy to me and then post an answer to my weekly wiki question on our classroom wikispace. Through Raven About Web, I have learned so many fun features to spice up my wikispace. I now have an avatar of myself on the site. I also added a facebook-y feature called Mrs Miller's Status and I update it with funny comments.
I've added an RSS feed of a young adult book review site. I've mastered both posting personal pics and figured out how to post using copy image site address for external net images.
I can link backwards and forwards and all around the site. I get frustrated with the formatting and find it difficult to put things on the right side of the page. Playing with tables and other inserts, is slow but does eventually work.
I would like to learn how to make a picture a link. 
I hear that wikispaces are available in moodle, which I am considering using next year to expand my online classroom presence.
All in all, I LOVE  my wikispace!! I am excited about continuing to expand my skills and offer this online option to my classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment