Just this year I have renewed my own vows with the public library. I forgot how much I loved walking in with the optimistic feeling that all of my questions and dreams could be pursued within one building. I was thrilled to find out about the new Voice Alaska program where audio books could be downloaded. As much as the technology piece excites me, it doesn't hold a candle to the print of a great book and a friendly librarian to help with questions and recommendations. One of my favorite features of the library is the ability to reserve books on line and then walk in and find them set aside for me. It is this interaction between technology and thoughtful humans that make my library experience relevant and pleasant.
Friday, April 10, 2009
Week #6 thing 15
Reading perspectives on library 2.0 was very interesting. I like the idea of taking down barriers to research as described in "Away from Icebergs." The idea of creating collections of print information that anticipates every user's need seems overwhelming. As a classroom teacher I have had the joy of utilizing my library without having to think through collection purchases. The internet has certainly changed the way users need to interact with the library and material.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment