While I found the fair(y) use tale video to be entertaining, it was hard to understand all of the information. I'm going to need more follow up on the Creative Commons site to truly understand all of the issues. One major issue that I have experience during this tech trek is how polite and important it is to acknowledge people's work. As it becomes easier and easier to share, collaborate, and manipulate . . . ideas have legs and can run rampant. It is important to give credit to people's idea as you borrow and manipulate them for your own purpose. I've created a number of items through my journey here at Raven About Web 2.0 and after sharing them with friends, I found them being used in various forms without a mention of the creator, me. Hmmm . . . this has made me think about this issue a bit more than I have in the past.
Overall, this class has been fantastic! I love the set up of weekly assignments focused on a particular type of program or application. The discovery exercises were a perfect way to learn enough background information to understand the type of program we were going to work with and then just enough guidance to get us into the websites to start . . . discovering.
I've been recommending this class to all of my teacher friends. Many are asking when will you be offering it again.
Though I was already working with some technology in my classroom, this class allowed me to spice up my wikispace, add some cool new features, and think through what I want to bring into my classroom next.
I will address my next moves in my implementation plan.
Thanks for a great class!! I appreciate it so much and will be sure to pass along recommendations to my colleagues.
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


You are most welcome and I am so glad that it was a rewarding experience for you. I am hoping to start another class June 1. I am waiting for approval from UAA. Once that is in I will send out an email and you can share with anyone you think may be interested.
ReplyDeleteANn